WELCOME TO AZESTOFMELODY ! :)

WELCOME TO AZESTOFMELODY ! :)
I'm Melody :) I just wanna try my hand at being a Food Reviewer as a fun side of interest. Don't be mean ah, Join us 38 Ladies in our quest to look for the most delish food! OKAY?!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

To start your day off, a healthy meal at home!

          My family & I started to pay more attention to the coral-coloured fish, Salmon, after my father had some health issues. Salmon isn't just a normal fish with better looking orange flesh, it brings us BENEFITS.    Click here to know more!
         Anyway, I made this with my beloved mum & bro, Nicky. I call it the PanFried Mediterannean Lemonorange Salmon with mild Portobello MashPotatoes with Brown Gravy. The dip/sauce on the salmon is Sourcream tartar with DILL.
It's a mixture of different recipes I found on GOOGLE (YEAHH!!) and mixed them up all together TADAAA~ 



WHAT DID WE DO TO MAKE IT SO YUMMEH? (: 
YOU will need: 
  • Salmon fillet
  • Potatoes 
  • Orange & Lemon rind
  • Orange juice
  • Dill (herb) 
  • Butter
  • Milk
  • The dip/cream: sourcream. 
  • Portobello mushrooms (I think that's what I got?)
  • 4 cloves of garlic
  • An onion
1. Marinate the Salmon with orange/lemon rind with orange juice all over it. slurp ;) The longer it is left marinated, the nicer.
2. GO BOIL the potatoes, approximately around 10-15 mins depending on the stove.
3. Take your time (: you can cook it faster if you had more than 2 hands. - to cook the fish -mash the 'potates'.
4. Panfry it.  DON'T use cooking oil, if you want it to be healthier. AFTER you heat the pan up, add a teaspoon of butter, so the fish won't get stuck to the pan. 
5. Place it on the skin-side first, lower the heat. Do it slow&steady. 
6. It doesn't take very long, 10-20 mins (: 

On the other hand, 
Mash the potatoes, I estimated the amount of butter to add in,  mix & mash :D Add Milk if they're too hard and not mushy enough. (NO milk? ADD water, same. or Soya, that'll do!) A pinch of salt, and savour black pepper (coarse or not, pun boleh.)  Just keep mashing until you like how it's suppose to be. Add in the sauteed Onion. TASTE.

Dill sauce/ cream
We didn't have sour cream so we made it up like anyone would. All you need is ButterMilk & Lemon. Stir up the butter & milk together until it's in a creamy state. Add lemon juice, rind. Don't forget the DILL (: Chop/slice it and mix it all together. There you go! Your own HerbSourCream (; 

Sauteed Porto Mushrooms&Onion
Heat up the the pan. Spread the butter around, add in sliced garlic (It brings up the flavour.) Cook the mushrooms in low heat. SAME for the sliced onions. I added honey for the onions, sweet (if not, brown sugar will do.) If its smoking up, add a little more butter/water. Don't cook it for too long, 15 mins max.  NYOM.

EASY? Forever yummy. TRY IT LAH (: It's better than eating out. Wanna make an easy dinner for your love? Show some love, cooking together is a great activity. 

PS: I cooked it with estimation, everything is ESTIMATED so, Agak-agak je k. 

ENJOY (; Live healthy, eat healthy. 

With love,
azestofmelody. 

No comments:

Post a Comment